Path of Enlightenment
Relay and Development of Ancient Chinese Meditation - by Hongbao Zhang
Contents of Yuandun Dafa
Part One Introduction
(1) Letter to All Trainees of Yuandun Dafa Research and Training Class
(2) A Speech at the Opening Ceremony of Yuandun Dafa Research and Training Class
(3) Introduction to Yuandun Dafa
Part Two Preparatory Exercises
Chapter One: Theoretical Framework
Section One: A Probe into the Stroma of Human Growth
Section Two: The Theory of Human/Nature Integrity in Qigong Exercises
Section Three: A Contemplation on Seeking the Origin through Reverse Exercises
Section Four : The Theory of the Patent and Latent Operations
Section Five: The Theory of Gradual Eradication of Worldly Desires
Section Six: The Theory of Essence of Life, Qi, and Spirit Essence of Life, Qi, and Spirit in High-Order Cultivations
Section Seven: The Theory of Magical Existence in Non-Substance
Section Eight: The Theory of Metaphysics (Xuanmu)
Section Nine: The Theory of Double Cultivation of Life and Destiny Double Cultivation of Life and Destiny is the Guiding Principle of High-Order Cultivation
Section Ten: Cultivation of Virtues and Disciplines
A Diagram of Engineering Network System of the Timetable of Yuandun Dafa Supplementary Exercise
Chapter Two: Methodology
Section One: The Exercise of Controlling and Swallowing Breath from Mouth
Segment One: An Introduction to the Art of Controlling and Swallowing Breath from Mouth
Segment Two: The Exercise Methodology of the Art of Controlling and Swallowing Breath from Mouth
Segment Three: The Precautions in the Exercise of Controlling and Swallowing Breath from Mouth
A Diagram of Cultivation through Controlling and Swallowing Breath from Mouth
Section Two: The Method of Absorbing Light and Accumulating Qi
A Diagram of the Method of Absorbing Light and Accumulating Qi
Section Three: The Cultivation of a Lucid Mind and True Nature to Attain the Light of Nature
Segment One: What is a Lucid Mind and True Nature? What is the Light of Nature?
Segment Two: What Role Does the Light of Nature Play in High-Order Exercises?
Segment Three: What Is Light of Nature? What Are Its Characteristics? Does It Present Itself at Different Levels?
Segment Four: Why Are you unable to Cultivate the Light of Nature (From Lack of Lucidity to Lucidity)?
Segment Five: How to Cultivate the Light of Nature?
Segment Six: How to Consolidate and Enhance the Light of Nature?
Segment Seven: What to Cultivate as the Next Step?
Segment Eight: Who Are not fit for the Cultivation of the Light of Nature?
A Diagram of Cultivation of the Light of Nature
Section One: High-Order Sleeping Fairy Exercises
Section Two: The Method of Preventing Leakage
Section Three: The Method of Opening the Heavenly Door and Closing the Terrestrial Entrance
Section Four: The Method of Speedy Opening of Central Veins
Section Five: The Method of Heated Spirit and Enclosed Cultivation
Section Six: The Method of Controlling the During and Degree of Heating
Chapter Three: Guidelines
Section One: Suggestions
One: The Exercises to Create the Necessary Conditions for Eliciting the Yang Shen (Spirit)
Two: The Preparation for the Exercise Phase for Eliciting the Yang Shen (Spirit) (April 30, 1999)
Three: The Five Great Breakthroughs in Substantial Evidence and Substantial Cultivation (June 6, 1999)
Four: The Pedagogical Content and Procedure of the Phase of Preparatory Exercises of PhYuandun Dafa
Five: Recommended References for Studies
Essence of Life, Qi, Spirit and the Theory of Qi Excerpts from The Grand Dictionary of Chinese Qigong.
The Taoist Theory of Essence of Life, Qi, and Spirit Excerpts from The Grand Dictionary of Chinese Qigong.
Section Two: Questions and Answers
1. Why can’t I achieve the initiation in the art of controlling and swallowing breath through mouth?
2. Is there a simpler and faster method to achieve the initiation in the art of controlling and swallowing breath through mouth?
3. Is it correct to recite silently the litany of “Bright Muti” while doing the exercises in controlling and swallowing breath through mouth?
4. What is the reason that the light of nature has not appeared yet?
5. We know that the light of Nature is the key to arriving at the other shore. Would you, our great teacher, please be so kind as to enlighten those of us who have not attained the light of nature?
6. What is the phenomenon of Ma Yin Cang Xiang?
7. Will the phenomenon of Ma Yin Cang Xiang affect a person’s sexual life?
8. How to reduce or eliminate lusty thoughts through exercises?
9. I think I have reached the stage of ignoring the worldly entanglements, but I still cannot sit quietly and meditate. I can maintain tranquility when I sit quietly, but after a while I will fall asleep. In addition, I cannot adjust well physically, and I always feel tired. Our great teacher, please tell me what to do.
10. How to solve the problem of a dry mouth?
11. Why is there a sense of contraction in the body when I am doing the exercises?
12. How to rectify the problem of having a heavy head?
13. Why does nose bleeding sometimes occur during the exercises? How to solve the problem?
14. Why do I feel a sense of suppression in my chest, shortness of breath, and sometimes even irregular breathing during the exercises? How to solve these problems?
15. How to solve the problem of failing to concentrate during the exercises?
16. Why is there sometimes a swelling lump on the top of the head during the exercises?
17. Why does a person sometimes cry, laugh, or sing along involuntarily?
18. Why does there occur knocking sound, including the teeth and head knocking involuntarily?
19. Why is there a sense of weighing down in the head, waist, and bones after the exercises?
20. Why is there a sense of hidden pain, piercing pain, itching, or burning in the interior organs?
21. Why is there a sense of burning, discomfort, stimulation, coldness, or an outburst of qi in the relatively large systems such as lymph nodes, thymus glands, mammary glands, sexual glands, or hypophysis cerebri?
22. What should we do if some trainees have begun to have the ability to make predictions?
23. Why is there a stifling sense in the chest?
24. What measures should I take if I feel there is a cold air penetrating the center of the bottom of my feet?
Part Three The Main Phase of Cultivation
Chapter One: Theories
Section One: The Theory of Life Originating from the Interchange between Yin and Yang
Section Two; The Theory of the Advantage of Double Exchange
Section Three: The Theory of Conception of Taoist Embryo
Section Four: The Theory of Human Brain’s Antilock Characteristics
Section Five: The Theory of Genuine Intention
Section Six: The Theory of Four Spirits
Section Seven: The Theory of Mixed Cultivation of the Whole
Section Eight: The Theory of Projection of The Taoist Baby
Chapter Two: Methodology
Section One: The Attachment of the Embryo
Segment One: The Method of Disposition of Yin and Yang
Segment Two: The Method of Spiritual Integration
Segment Three: The Method of Integration of Heart and Kidney
Segment Four: The Method of Integration of Nature and Destiny
Segment Five: The Phenomenon of Conception and Attachment of the Embryo
Segment Six: The Method of Allocating the Embryo
Section Two: The Development of the Embryo
Segment One: The Method of Absolution and Warm Cultivation
Segment Two: The Method of Moving the Embryo and Changing the Hole
Segment Three: The Method of Void and Stabilization
Section Three: Elicitation of the Spirit The Method of Eliciting the Original Spirit
The Diagram of Network System of the Major Phase of Cultivation of Yuandun Dafa
Chapter Three: Guidelines
Section One: Guidelines on Topics on Elicitation of the Original Spirit
Guidelines on Topics on “Elicitation of the Original Spirit” (One): June 26, 1999
Guidelines on Topics on “Elicitation of the Original Spirit” (Two): June 28, 1999
Guidelines on Topics on “Elicitation of the Original Spirit” (Three): July 14, 1999
Guidelines on Topics on “Elicitation of the Original Spirit” (Four): July 14, 1999
Section Two: Suggestions
One: How to maintain and protect the original spirit after its elicitation? What are any special precautions?
Two: For those who have failed to elicit the original spirit, what to do next?
Three: Thirteen questions that need to be rectified.
Section Three: Suggestions For Exercises
A Special Topic for Preparatory Training Class June 11, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (One): May 29, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (Two): May 30, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (Three): June 3, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (Four): June 6, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (Five): June 8, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (Six): June 23, 1999
Suggestions for Exercises (Seven): July 5, 1999
Section Four: Questions and Answers
1. What signals a successful integration of Heart and Kidney?
2. What are the relationships among the yin spirit, yang spirit, and the original spirit?
3. How to distinguish the yin spirit from the yang spirit?
4. For those who have successfully elicit the yang spirit, besides the essential steps about “let-go” and the parts for maintaining the spirit, what are the other measures that need to be adopted in the cultivation?
5. For those who have successfully elicited the yin spirit, how do they cultivate it into the yang spirit?
6. What is the key to the cultivation of the Taoist Baby?
7. Who do women differ from men in Yuandun Dafa exercises and cultivations?
8. For a person who has succeeded in the elicitation of the yang spirit and is exercising to attain the integration of heart and kidney, when he sees sparks with his eyes closed, does it indicate that he is back at the beginning?
9. Is there a way to know that the Taoist Baby has matured so that preparations can be made before the appearance of symptoms of his successful elicitation?
10. Are there other signals or indicators of the successful elicitation of the yang spirit?
11. Why is there a sense of apprehension when the spirit is elicited, or a sense of fear after its elicitation?
12. Please explicate in detail the methods of cultivating the baby.
13. In the white-sun method of cultivating the baby, why do we adopt conceptual lotus flowers and white sunlight?
14. In the middle of doing the exercise, how to deal with horrors or shocks?
15. Why is there cracking sound in my head when I am absorbed in the exercise? I’m somewhat upset.
16. Sometimes I can see myself flying, but I feel tired when I wake up. Can I call it elicitation of the spirit?
17. Can the art of controlling and swallowing breath from the mouth be used to treat menalgia?
18. When the elicited spirit has been fixed in the niwan acupoint, is great stabilization of seven days still needed?
19. Can we lie down flat when doing the exercise of void and grant stabilization?
20. When a baby-like image appears during the meditation, can we let go immediately?
21. Besides doing the exercises of void and grant stabilization as well as absolution and warm cultivation, do we need to take care of the baby frequently?
22. In “Letting-go” of the yang spirit, should we add the procedure of “avoiding the power line and building skyscrapers” before the “let-go”?
23. Will taking a cold-water shower affect the warm cultivation?
24. Spermatorrhea at night makes me uneasy when I wake up in the morning. What does it cause no regression in my exercises?
25. Should women let go of the yang spirit during the menstrual period?
26. Should women practice Yuandun Dafa and at the same time doing feminine Dan exercises?
27. During the exercise, why should we conceptualize the high energy of life in our lives as a baby? Is there any level difference between the ego and the baby?
28. If one is unable to fall asleep after the emergence of the Tao Baby, does it mean that he or she is not on the right path?
29. Having just recovered from a cold, can a person immediately practice the elicitation of the spirit?
30. If a small human figure emerges in the mental vision, should one let it exit directly from the top of the head?
31. When the Tao Baby comes back, if one reduce its size and receive it into Niwan Acupoint, will it affect the elicitation of the spirit next time?
32. How to deal with abnormal physical reactions?
33. Pedagogical Content and Procedure of the Main Phase of Cultivation of Yuandun Dafa
Part Four Appendix
Section One: True Experiences of Elicitation of the Spirit
Section Two: Scientific Researches
1. An Initial Probe into Elicitation of the Spirit
2. A Data Analysis of Some Scientific Research Topics in Yuandun Dafa Training Class, Second Phase, at Qingcheng
3. A Brief Analysis of “The Diagram of Curves Illustrating the Frequency of Elicitation of the Spirit” and “The Diagram of Curves Illustrating the Percentage of Elicitation of the Spirit”
4. An Initial Probe into the Performance of Blood Pressure Disease during High-Order Cultivations
5. An Initial Probe into the Accouche through Elicitation of Spirit Fu of Qingcheng Pedagogical Section
Section Three: Exchanges in Scientific Researches
1. The Causes and Rules for the Process from Non-Lucidity to Lucidity
2. An Initial Probe into the Rules of “Let-go” after Elicitation of the Yang Spirit
3. The Causes and Rules for Late Elicitation and Over-One-Week Elapse between Elicitations
4. Rules for the Transition from the Yin Spirit to the Yang Spirit
5. Both the yin spirit and yang spirit belong to the category of the original spirit. The Yang spirit is the sublimation of spirit and qi after mingling; it is a vacuous non-substance, but it assumes a form and is useful.
6. The Gain and Loss of “Bigu” and the Gain after the Loss
7. The Important Role Played by Mental Adjustment in Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation Jiayuan Yuandun Dafa Traincing Session, Fourth Phase
8. A Brief Discussion of the Cultivation Process of Yuandun Dafa
9. The Application to the Treatment of Heart and Brain Diseases and Epidemic Diseases Wang Ruiying, Guardian and Leader of Taiyuan Yuandun Dafa Training Session, Fourth Phase
10. An On-Site Report on the Commencement of Fourth Yuandun Dafa Training Session in Lanzhou
11. A Letter to Our Great Teacher from All Trainees of the Fourth Wuhan Yuandun Dafa Training Session
12. A number of Problems that Require Special Attention during the Current Research and Cultivation of Yuandun Dafa Fourth Jiayuan Yuandun Dafa Training Session
13. The Impact of Family and Clan-Type Groups on the Exercises and Cultivations during the Yuandun Dafa Training Sessions Fourth Jiayuan Yuandun Dafa Training Session
14. We need to get to know ourselves and others through a close analysis of causes; we need to be prepared to fight and speed up our progress
15. Stride Forward for Another Battle at the Apex of Life Sciences Bei Yuanhua from Fourth Wuji Yuandun Dafa Training Session
Section Four: Conclusion
One. A Letter of Gratitude to Our Great Teacher
Two: Qicheng Teaching Station, Third Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation Session
Three: A On-Site Report of a Commencement
Four. A Graduation Report on Fourth Wuhan Yuandun Dafa Training Session
Five. A Shortcut to Climb the “Everest” Sheng from Fourth Yuandun Dafa Training Session in Zhongnan Second Industrial Base
Six. A Final Report on Fourth Lanzhou Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation Session Gu Zilong from Lanzhou Yuandun Dafa Training Session
Seven. A Final Report on Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation Session
Eight: Trainee of the First Session of Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation, Bao Shushan, Trainee number: 38
Nine: “My Destiny depends on me, not on Heaven” A Final Report on Research and Cultivation
Ten. Trainee of the First Session of Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation, Zhang Shaoze
Eleven. The Absolution of Heart and a Breakthrough in Rationality A Final Report on Research and Cultivation, by Wen Jun
Twelve. A Final Report on Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation, by a trainee of the First Session of Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation, Nong Qingzhong
Thirteen. Achieving a 100 percent Elicitation of the Spirit within Seven Days A Report on the Third Qinghai Session of Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation
Fourteen. A Report on Preparatory Cultivation at the Fourth Session of Overseas School Yuandun Dafa Training
Fifteen. A Final Report of the Third Session of Xinjiang Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation
Sixteen. A Final Report on the Fourth Session of Yinchuan Yuandun Dafa Research and Cultivation -- Trainee of Research Cultivation Class, Xu Hua